- Sustainable Development Technology Canada (SDTC) is looking for the next wave of innovative cleantech entrepreneurs.
- The Alberta Biodiversity Monitoring Institute has completed a report for that examines the impact climate change is likely to have on Alberta's ecosystems. Alberta's boreal forest may transition to aspen forest and grasslands as a result of changing climate conditions.
- The Climate Bonds Initiative has issued proposed eligibility criteria for solar assets under the Climate Bond Standard and Certification Scheme.
- Climate change combined with rapid population increases, economic growth and land subsidence could lead to a more than 9-fold increase in the global risk of floods in large port cities between now and 2050
- The sun is finally rising on the global solar business, with growing demand in developing regions helping to ignite the first increase in industry wide capital spending in three years in 2014
Partner, Head of Real Estate Management & Valuation, Drivers Jonas Deloitte, UK
Following graduation from Kingston University in 1995 Philip joined Drivers Jonas. Specialising in Valuation since 1997 and undertaking a wide variety of assignments ranging from the valuation of single assets for loan security purposes to large portfolios for accounts and unit pricing, he now heads the Firm's Valuation and Management Teams.
In addition to mainstream valuation work, Philip has developed a keen interest in the area of Sustainability - and particularly its potential implications for both property values and valuation methodology. Most recently Philip has chaired the RICS' response to the Vancouver Valuation Accord - an international agreement aimed at embedding the principles of Sustainability into Valuation standards and methods.
Philip was a member of the RICS Presidential Commission on Sustainability and is the pervious Chair of the RICS Valuation Sustainability Working Group - part of whose current remit has been to deliver Valuation Information Papers on 'Sustainability and Commercial Property Valuation' as well as a similar document for residential premises in the UK.