- Sustainable Development Technology Canada (SDTC) is looking for the next wave of innovative cleantech entrepreneurs.
- The Alberta Biodiversity Monitoring Institute has completed a report for that examines the impact climate change is likely to have on Alberta's ecosystems. Alberta's boreal forest may transition to aspen forest and grasslands as a result of changing climate conditions.
- The Climate Bonds Initiative has issued proposed eligibility criteria for solar assets under the Climate Bond Standard and Certification Scheme.
- Climate change combined with rapid population increases, economic growth and land subsidence could lead to a more than 9-fold increase in the global risk of floods in large port cities between now and 2050
- The sun is finally rising on the global solar business, with growing demand in developing regions helping to ignite the first increase in industry wide capital spending in three years in 2014
Assistant Vice President, CN, Canada
Normand joined CN in 1993 and serves as Assistant Vice-President Sustainability and Environment. He is responsible for all environmental matters, including formulation of CN's corporate environmental policies and overall corporate sustainability effort. Normand's portfolio includes direction and guidance on day to day environmental issues, air emissions, noise, regulatory compliance in both Canada and the US, and new acquisitions.
Normand possesses a Bachelor of Science in Ecology & Biology and an MSc in Environmental Management. Prior to joining CN, he held positions in Air Canada, Domtar and Johns-Manville.