- Sustainable Development Technology Canada (SDTC) is looking for the next wave of innovative cleantech entrepreneurs.
- The Alberta Biodiversity Monitoring Institute has completed a report for that examines the impact climate change is likely to have on Alberta's ecosystems. Alberta's boreal forest may transition to aspen forest and grasslands as a result of changing climate conditions.
- The Climate Bonds Initiative has issued proposed eligibility criteria for solar assets under the Climate Bond Standard and Certification Scheme.
- Climate change combined with rapid population increases, economic growth and land subsidence could lead to a more than 9-fold increase in the global risk of floods in large port cities between now and 2050
- The sun is finally rising on the global solar business, with growing demand in developing regions helping to ignite the first increase in industry wide capital spending in three years in 2014
Director of Sustainable Development, DuPont, USA
Dawn Rittenhouse is Director, Sustainable Develoment for the DuPont Company.
Dawn joined DuPont in 1980 and has held positions in Technical Service, Sales, Marketing, and Product Management within the Packaging and Industrial Polymers business and Crop Protection businesses. In late 1997, she began working in the corporate organization to assist DuPont businesses in integrating sustainability strategies into their strategy and business management processes. She leads DuPont's efforts at the World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD) and the United Nations Global Compact.
In 2001 and 2002 Dawn served a co-chair of the Global Environmental Management Initiative (GEMI) working group that developed the SD Plannerä. She has also co-chaired the WBCSD working groups on Energy and Climate, Innovation and Technology and Sustainability through the Market.
She is currently sits on the Education Committee of the Delaware Nature Society and is on the Sustainability Council at Penn State's Smeal College of Business.
Dawn has a double major in Chemistry and Economics from Duke University.
Dawn and her daughter live in Wilmington, Delaware. In her free time she loves sports photography and is a runner.