- Sustainable Development Technology Canada (SDTC) is looking for the next wave of innovative cleantech entrepreneurs.
- The Alberta Biodiversity Monitoring Institute has completed a report for that examines the impact climate change is likely to have on Alberta's ecosystems. Alberta's boreal forest may transition to aspen forest and grasslands as a result of changing climate conditions.
- The Climate Bonds Initiative has issued proposed eligibility criteria for solar assets under the Climate Bond Standard and Certification Scheme.
- Climate change combined with rapid population increases, economic growth and land subsidence could lead to a more than 9-fold increase in the global risk of floods in large port cities between now and 2050
- The sun is finally rising on the global solar business, with growing demand in developing regions helping to ignite the first increase in industry wide capital spending in three years in 2014
Vice Chairman, Wholesale Banking & Managing Director, Investment Banking, CIBC World Markets Inc., Canada
Mr. Roberts is leader of CIBC's Renewable Energy & Clean Technology Team. In 2011, he was chosen by Corporate Knights Magazine as the individual in the Financial Services sector who has contributed the most to sustainable development in Canada.
In addition to his work with CIBC World Markets Inc., Mr. Roberts is also an Adjunct Professor in the Department of Forest Resource Management at the University of British Columbia; a Board member of Rights and Resources Institute Washington, D.C.); and serves in an advisory capacity for a range of government, industry, and NGO groups.
Mr. Roberts has a Bachelor's degree in Agricultural Economics from the University of British Columbia, a Master's degree in Forestry Economics from the University of California at Berkeley, and both an MBA and doctoral studies in International Finance and Economics from the University of Chicago. He is also a certified Board Director with the Institute of Corporate Directors.