- Sustainable Development Technology Canada (SDTC) is looking for the next wave of innovative cleantech entrepreneurs.
- The Alberta Biodiversity Monitoring Institute has completed a report for that examines the impact climate change is likely to have on Alberta's ecosystems. Alberta's boreal forest may transition to aspen forest and grasslands as a result of changing climate conditions.
- The Climate Bonds Initiative has issued proposed eligibility criteria for solar assets under the Climate Bond Standard and Certification Scheme.
- Climate change combined with rapid population increases, economic growth and land subsidence could lead to a more than 9-fold increase in the global risk of floods in large port cities between now and 2050
- The sun is finally rising on the global solar business, with growing demand in developing regions helping to ignite the first increase in industry wide capital spending in three years in 2014
Executive Vice President, Strategy & Business Development, Dubai Electricity & Water Authority (DEWA), UAE
Eng. Waleed Ali Ahmed Salman has been the EVP Strategy & Business Development with Dubai Water & Electricity Authority (DEWA) since 2007. He serves also as member of Dubai Supreme Council of Energy,
Vice Chairman - Dubai Nuclear Energy Committee,
Director - Emirates National Grid Project (UAE) and the Chairman of Dubai Carbon Center of Excellence.
Eng. Salman has a wealth of experience in the energy sector gained over 20 years of leadership positions within the UAE Federal electricity & Water Authority (FEWA) and recently with DEWA. He graduated in 1991 with a B.S. Electronics Engineering degree from Colorado Tech College, Colo. Springs USA and has an MBA from the American University in Dubai, Dubai, UAE.
Spotlight on Dubai