- Sustainable Development Technology Canada (SDTC) is looking for the next wave of innovative cleantech entrepreneurs.
- The Alberta Biodiversity Monitoring Institute has completed a report for that examines the impact climate change is likely to have on Alberta's ecosystems. Alberta's boreal forest may transition to aspen forest and grasslands as a result of changing climate conditions.
- The Climate Bonds Initiative has issued proposed eligibility criteria for solar assets under the Climate Bond Standard and Certification Scheme.
- Climate change combined with rapid population increases, economic growth and land subsidence could lead to a more than 9-fold increase in the global risk of floods in large port cities between now and 2050
- The sun is finally rising on the global solar business, with growing demand in developing regions helping to ignite the first increase in industry wide capital spending in three years in 2014
Executive Editor, ReNew Canada Magazine, Canada
Mira is the executive editor at Actual Media Inc. and has
been the editor of ReNew Canada, the infrastructure industry's only comprehensive news source, since 2007. Mira specializes in environmental journalism, and regularly writes on topics ranging from green building and sustainable development to public-private partnerships.
She has been involved with a variety of national industry events and conferences, as chair, presenter and moderator. She is a member of several industry associations including the American Public Works Association and the Canada Green Building Council. When she's not working on Actual Media's many projects, Mira is organizing events through Actual Media's new charitable arm, Actual Karma.