- Sustainable Development Technology Canada (SDTC) is looking for the next wave of innovative cleantech entrepreneurs.
- The Alberta Biodiversity Monitoring Institute has completed a report for that examines the impact climate change is likely to have on Alberta's ecosystems. Alberta's boreal forest may transition to aspen forest and grasslands as a result of changing climate conditions.
- The Climate Bonds Initiative has issued proposed eligibility criteria for solar assets under the Climate Bond Standard and Certification Scheme.
- Climate change combined with rapid population increases, economic growth and land subsidence could lead to a more than 9-fold increase in the global risk of floods in large port cities between now and 2050
- The sun is finally rising on the global solar business, with growing demand in developing regions helping to ignite the first increase in industry wide capital spending in three years in 2014
Global Sustainable Cities Leader/Principal, Golder Associates Ltd., Canada
An award-winning engineer, Jeanette Southwood is a Principal at
Golder Associates, a global, employee-owned firm of more than 7,500
around the world. Golder provides consulting, design, and
construction services in the specialist areas of earth,
environment, and the related areas of energy.
At Golder, Jeanette leads the Global and Canadian Sustainable Cities teams across many sectors including Real Estate, Land Development, Transportation, Energy & Power, Finance, Insurance and Legal, Manufacturing, and Infrastructure. One area of focus for her multi-disciplinary global and national teams is the strategic integration of cutting-edge international innovation and knowledge into economical and effective local solutions for public and private clients. For more than 20 years, she has directed and participated in numerous projects related to urban intensification and the sustainable revitalization of communities for a wide variety of private and public clients. A dedicated volunteer on several Boards over the years, Jeanette was recently made a Fellow of Engineers Canada.