- Sustainable Development Technology Canada (SDTC) is looking for the next wave of innovative cleantech entrepreneurs.
- The Alberta Biodiversity Monitoring Institute has completed a report for that examines the impact climate change is likely to have on Alberta's ecosystems. Alberta's boreal forest may transition to aspen forest and grasslands as a result of changing climate conditions.
- The Climate Bonds Initiative has issued proposed eligibility criteria for solar assets under the Climate Bond Standard and Certification Scheme.
- Climate change combined with rapid population increases, economic growth and land subsidence could lead to a more than 9-fold increase in the global risk of floods in large port cities between now and 2050
- The sun is finally rising on the global solar business, with growing demand in developing regions helping to ignite the first increase in industry wide capital spending in three years in 2014
President, AIR MILES for Social Change, Canada
Andreas leads AIR MILES for Social Change, a unique Canadian social venture that provides government incentives for greener and healthier lifestyle choices and is entirely powered by the unparalleled reach and popularity of the AIR MILES loyalty currency.
He was the original founder of Green Rewards, the world's first
environmental consumer loyalty program which was ultimately
acquired and fully integrated into the AIR MILES reward program. Prior to Green Rewards he was the President & CEO of one of the oldest retail marketing agencies in Canada.
As a leading cause marketer in Canada, Andreas is a sought-after speaker on topics related to social change, environmental responsibility and the new green economy. He has been trained by former US Vice President and Nobel laureate Al Gore and his innovative work has been recognized by prominent global social responsibility leaders including The Prince of Wales.
He sits on a number of corporate, academic and non-profit boards and is an active member of the Young Presidents' Organization where he also serves currently as the Canadian membership chair.
AIR MILES for Social Change harnesses the unparalleled reach and popularity of the AIR MILES loyalty points currency to reward and inspire more environmentally sustainable and healthy everyday choices among all Canadians. As a genuine and prominent social venture, AIR MILES for Social Change partners with government agencies and social change organizations nationwide - from energy utilities and health promotion agencies to transit and waste diversion authorities - to implement a range of uniquely cost-effective programs that encourage responsible lifestyles.