- Sustainable Development Technology Canada (SDTC) is looking for the next wave of innovative cleantech entrepreneurs.
- The Alberta Biodiversity Monitoring Institute has completed a report for that examines the impact climate change is likely to have on Alberta's ecosystems. Alberta's boreal forest may transition to aspen forest and grasslands as a result of changing climate conditions.
- The Climate Bonds Initiative has issued proposed eligibility criteria for solar assets under the Climate Bond Standard and Certification Scheme.
- Climate change combined with rapid population increases, economic growth and land subsidence could lead to a more than 9-fold increase in the global risk of floods in large port cities between now and 2050
- The sun is finally rising on the global solar business, with growing demand in developing regions helping to ignite the first increase in industry wide capital spending in three years in 2014
Senior Vice President of Sustainability, Procurement & Continuous Improvement, Kimberley-Clark Corp., USA
Jan Spencer is Senior Vice President of Continuous Improvement, Sourcing and Sustainability for Kimberly-Clark Corporation, a position he's held since 2009.
Mr. Spencer joined Kimberly-Clark Professional in 1979 and his career led to a range of leadership roles, including Vice President, Research, Development & Engineering; Vice President, Wiper Business; Vice President, Operations, and Vice President, Engineering and Supply Chain. In 2006, he was promoted to President, Global Kimberly-Clark Professional.
Mr. Spencer has a degree from the University of Manchester Institute of Science and Technology. Born in 1955 in Germany, Mr. Spencer now lives in Roswell, Georgia, with his wife, Miriam. They have three children.