- Sustainable Development Technology Canada (SDTC) is looking for the next wave of innovative cleantech entrepreneurs.
- The Alberta Biodiversity Monitoring Institute has completed a report for that examines the impact climate change is likely to have on Alberta's ecosystems. Alberta's boreal forest may transition to aspen forest and grasslands as a result of changing climate conditions.
- The Climate Bonds Initiative has issued proposed eligibility criteria for solar assets under the Climate Bond Standard and Certification Scheme.
- Climate change combined with rapid population increases, economic growth and land subsidence could lead to a more than 9-fold increase in the global risk of floods in large port cities between now and 2050
- The sun is finally rising on the global solar business, with growing demand in developing regions helping to ignite the first increase in industry wide capital spending in three years in 2014
Vice President of Energy Solutions & External Relations, Fortis BC, Canada
Mr. Stout joined the company in 2001 and is currently Vice President, Energy Solutions & External Relations.
Prior to joining the company, he held senior management roles with Belkorp Industries Inc. of Vancouver and with Calgary-based Husky Energy Inc. His early career also included experience in the construction industry with Peter Kiewit Sons' Co. Ltd.
Mr. Stout holds a degree in Civil Engineering and an MBA, both obtained from the University of Alberta. He has served as a Director for Sultran Ltd., Pacific Coast Terminals Ltd., and Hillsborough Resources Limited. He is currently a Director of the Northwest Gas Association and the Canadian Natural Gas Vehicle Alliance.