- Sustainable Development Technology Canada (SDTC) is looking for the next wave of innovative cleantech entrepreneurs.
- The Alberta Biodiversity Monitoring Institute has completed a report for that examines the impact climate change is likely to have on Alberta's ecosystems. Alberta's boreal forest may transition to aspen forest and grasslands as a result of changing climate conditions.
- The Climate Bonds Initiative has issued proposed eligibility criteria for solar assets under the Climate Bond Standard and Certification Scheme.
- Climate change combined with rapid population increases, economic growth and land subsidence could lead to a more than 9-fold increase in the global risk of floods in large port cities between now and 2050
- The sun is finally rising on the global solar business, with growing demand in developing regions helping to ignite the first increase in industry wide capital spending in three years in 2014
Principal, Strandberg Consulting, Canada
Coro Strandberg is a top sustainability strategist and thought leader in Canada. She is Principal of Strandberg Consulting which advises organizations on how to become sustainability leaders.
Coro advises boards, executives and sustainability managers on the strategies, systems and tools to generate business and social value by identifying and leveraging social and environmental risks and opportunities. She specializes in the integration of sustainability into board governance, management systems, procurement, finance, investment, and human resources. Coro has authored a number of "how-to" guides including corporate social responsibility reporting, governance and management, strategy development, human resources, and purchasing. In 2011 one of Coro's clients,
The Co-operators, was named the top Corporate Citizen in Canada by Corporate Knights. Coro is one of the "2012 Clean 50".