- Sustainable Development Technology Canada (SDTC) is looking for the next wave of innovative cleantech entrepreneurs.
- The Alberta Biodiversity Monitoring Institute has completed a report for that examines the impact climate change is likely to have on Alberta's ecosystems. Alberta's boreal forest may transition to aspen forest and grasslands as a result of changing climate conditions.
- The Climate Bonds Initiative has issued proposed eligibility criteria for solar assets under the Climate Bond Standard and Certification Scheme.
- Climate change combined with rapid population increases, economic growth and land subsidence could lead to a more than 9-fold increase in the global risk of floods in large port cities between now and 2050
- The sun is finally rising on the global solar business, with growing demand in developing regions helping to ignite the first increase in industry wide capital spending in three years in 2014
Robert ter Kuile
Senior Director of Environmental Sustainability - Global Public Policy Group, PepsiCo Inc., USA
Robert ter Kuile is the Senior Director of Environmental
Sustainability in the Global Public Policy group for PepsiCo where
he actively develops, implements and operationalizes the global
public policy on environmental sustainability initiatives and is
responsible for developing, maintaining, and partnering with global
stakeholders, shareholders and policy makers.
Prior to joining the Public Policy and Government Affairs team, Robert served as the Director of Energy and Climate Change for three years in PepsiCo's Global Operations developing and implementing energy and carbon reduction strategies. Robert also served as a Corporate Environmental Manager at Frito-Lay North America (a Division of PepsiCo) for six years.
Prior to joining PepsiCo, Robert served in various governmental roles for what is now the Texas Commission of Environmental Quality, and has held several environmental and sustainability consulting roles.
He is an active member of his Church in Farmers Branch, Texas, USA where he lives with his wife and two daughters.