- Sustainable Development Technology Canada (SDTC) is looking for the next wave of innovative cleantech entrepreneurs.
- The Alberta Biodiversity Monitoring Institute has completed a report for that examines the impact climate change is likely to have on Alberta's ecosystems. Alberta's boreal forest may transition to aspen forest and grasslands as a result of changing climate conditions.
- The Climate Bonds Initiative has issued proposed eligibility criteria for solar assets under the Climate Bond Standard and Certification Scheme.
- Climate change combined with rapid population increases, economic growth and land subsidence could lead to a more than 9-fold increase in the global risk of floods in large port cities between now and 2050
- The sun is finally rising on the global solar business, with growing demand in developing regions helping to ignite the first increase in industry wide capital spending in three years in 2014
President, DuPont Sustainable Solutions, USA
James R. Weigand is president - DuPont Sustainable Solutions. In
his role, Mr. Weigand leads a global solutions business
specializing in transforming workplaces and work cultures with
services and technologies that bring about sustained improvements
in safety, operational and environmental performance. Mr. Weigand
began work with DuPont in 1981 in Wilmington, Del., in the finance
organization, with assignments in the areas of federal and
international taxes, business analysis, and mergers and
In 1987, Mr. Weigand joined DuPont Performance Coatings and held several leadership positions including European sales and marketing director and global business director for Ford, responsible for delivering coatings solutions to Ford worldwide.
Mr. Weigand was appointed director, DuPont corporate planning in 1999 where he guided corporate strategic direction and positioned the DuPont portfolio of businesses. In 2001, he was appointed regional sales and marketing director for Engineering Polymers, helping to achieve near double-digit growth in the Americas.
In 2003, Mr. Weigand was named global business director for Advanced Fibers Systems, where he had global business leadership responsibilities for products under the Kevlar® and Nomex® brands sold into a variety of markets including military, government, automotive, aerospace and oil and gas. In September 2007 he was named vice president and general manager of DuPont Safety Resources. In October 2009, he was appointed president of DuPont Safety Resources, which is now part of DuPont Sustainable Solutions, an integrated business that also includes segments of DuPont Clean Technologies and Coastal Training Technologies.
As a native of Illinois, Mr. Weigand has a bachelor of science degree in Economics and Accounting from Augustana College, Rock Island, Ill., and an MBA in Finance from the University of Illinois.