- Sustainable Development Technology Canada (SDTC) is looking for the next wave of innovative cleantech entrepreneurs.
- The Alberta Biodiversity Monitoring Institute has completed a report for that examines the impact climate change is likely to have on Alberta's ecosystems. Alberta's boreal forest may transition to aspen forest and grasslands as a result of changing climate conditions.
- The Climate Bonds Initiative has issued proposed eligibility criteria for solar assets under the Climate Bond Standard and Certification Scheme.
- Climate change combined with rapid population increases, economic growth and land subsidence could lead to a more than 9-fold increase in the global risk of floods in large port cities between now and 2050
- The sun is finally rising on the global solar business, with growing demand in developing regions helping to ignite the first increase in industry wide capital spending in three years in 2014
Executive Vice President & Chief Operating Officer, The Sovereign General Insurance Company, Canada
Rob joined The Co-operators group of companies as an Application Architect in 1997 after completing his MSc. Applied Statistics from the University of Guelph.
Rob became COO, The Sovereign General Insurance Company, in June 2007. Prior to this role, Rob successfully held a number of positions in increasingly senior leadership roles with The Co-operators, becoming Senior Vice President, and Chief Information Officer (CIO), The Co-operators Group.
Rob has gained experience with Portfolio Management, Underwriting Programs and Policy, and Rate Making and Segmentation. In addition, Rob worked extensively with government and industry to reform the Automobile product and market conduct structure in Alberta, Ontario and Atlantic Canada.
Rob has his BA with distinction in Applied Mathematics and Statistics, and his MSc. Applied Statistics from the University of Guelph. During his academic career, he also received several scholarships.