- Sustainable Development Technology Canada (SDTC) is looking for the next wave of innovative cleantech entrepreneurs.
- The Alberta Biodiversity Monitoring Institute has completed a report for that examines the impact climate change is likely to have on Alberta's ecosystems. Alberta's boreal forest may transition to aspen forest and grasslands as a result of changing climate conditions.
- The Climate Bonds Initiative has issued proposed eligibility criteria for solar assets under the Climate Bond Standard and Certification Scheme.
- Climate change combined with rapid population increases, economic growth and land subsidence could lead to a more than 9-fold increase in the global risk of floods in large port cities between now and 2050
- The sun is finally rising on the global solar business, with growing demand in developing regions helping to ignite the first increase in industry wide capital spending in three years in 2014
Vice President of Corporate Plant Engineering & Chief Sustainability Officer, UPS Inc., USA
Scott Wicker, Vice President of Sustainability and vice
president of Corporate Plant Engineering for UPS, is the company's
He is responsible for the construction and expansion of
and material handling systems, facility maintenance & housekeeping, environmental & regulated goods compliance and sustainability for UPS worldwide. In his new role, Wicker will be responsible for leading a cross-functional team working on establishing key performance indicators and goals for the company.