- Sustainable Development Technology Canada (SDTC) is looking for the next wave of innovative cleantech entrepreneurs.
- The Alberta Biodiversity Monitoring Institute has completed a report for that examines the impact climate change is likely to have on Alberta's ecosystems. Alberta's boreal forest may transition to aspen forest and grasslands as a result of changing climate conditions.
- The Climate Bonds Initiative has issued proposed eligibility criteria for solar assets under the Climate Bond Standard and Certification Scheme.
- Climate change combined with rapid population increases, economic growth and land subsidence could lead to a more than 9-fold increase in the global risk of floods in large port cities between now and 2050
- The sun is finally rising on the global solar business, with growing demand in developing regions helping to ignite the first increase in industry wide capital spending in three years in 2014
Director of Climate Consulting, Entergy, USA
Jeff Williams is Director, Climate Consulting for Entergy Corporation. In that capacity he plays an important role helping Entergy manage carbon risk, help business units develop strategy to build resilient communities, prosper in a carbon constrained economy and execute future sustainable growth opportunities. Jeff has been a strong advocate for taking proactive, responsible action to manage climate risks and build cost effective resilience to a changing climate.