- Sustainable Development Technology Canada (SDTC) is looking for the next wave of innovative cleantech entrepreneurs.
- The Alberta Biodiversity Monitoring Institute has completed a report for that examines the impact climate change is likely to have on Alberta's ecosystems. Alberta's boreal forest may transition to aspen forest and grasslands as a result of changing climate conditions.
- The Climate Bonds Initiative has issued proposed eligibility criteria for solar assets under the Climate Bond Standard and Certification Scheme.
- Climate change combined with rapid population increases, economic growth and land subsidence could lead to a more than 9-fold increase in the global risk of floods in large port cities between now and 2050
- The sun is finally rising on the global solar business, with growing demand in developing regions helping to ignite the first increase in industry wide capital spending in three years in 2014
Senior Vice President, Cenovus Energy Inc., Canada
As Senior Vice-President, Regulatory, Local Community & Military, Drew is responsible for the oversight and management of Cenovus's regulatory applications and compliance, local community and aboriginal affairs, as well as military liaison. Drew began his career as a drilling rig roughneck in the early 1990s before establishing his own oilfield services consulting company. He joined one of Cenovus's predecessor companies in 1999 as drilling coordinator for the SAGD pilot project beginning at Foster Creek. He has over 18 years of oil and natural gas experience in drilling, completions, stakeholder relations and managing capital projects and operations.
Drew has an Advanced Executive certificate from Queens University and is a member of the Society of Petroleum Engineers and the Canadian Heavy Oil Association.