- GLOBE to provide mentoring and technology review services for a select group of pre-commercial BC companies in environmental and clean technology related sectors as part of a 10-month pilot project.
- The failure of many small businesses to develop international trade opportunities is a major challenge for governments and business owners
- Expectations on the growth and deployment of renewable energy vastly exceed actual growth of green energy
- By 2050 more than 40% of the world’s population will live under severe water stress and nearly 20% could be exposed to floods.
- Phil Fontaine O.C., O.M. will be recognized for his lifelong dedication to the Aboriginal community as recipient of the 2013 Award for Excellence in Aboriginal Relations from the Canadian Council for Aboriginal Business
DIRECTIONS + PARKING
The Vancouver International Airport (YVR)
Visitors arriving at YVR, Vancouver's newly expanded international airport, will be treated to a welcoming experience like no other.
Here, highly efficient services and customs clearance facilities combine with native art and regional décor to create what is well known as "one of the top arrival experiences in North America".
From YVR, it's a simple connection to get downtown and to the Vancouver Convention Centre. The Canada Line is Vancouver's newest rapid transit line, linking the Vancouver International Airport (YVR) directly with downtown Vancouver and Richmond. Take the Canada Line from YVR to Waterfront Station in downtown Vancouver - which takes only 25 minutes! - and the Vancouver Convention Centre East Building is right around the corner.
Arrival by road is also simple. If you've rented a car at the airport, follow these simple directions to get you safely to the site of GLOBE:
Getting from the Airport to the Vancouver Convention Centre East at Canada Place:
- Travel east out of the airport on Grant McConachie way.
- Follow the Highway 99 North signs which will take you over the Arthur Laing Bridge and onto Granville Street.
- Follow the signs to Vancouver. Granville Street will take you right into the core of downtown. Go as far as you can go.
- At Smythe Street, turn left (at the McDonalds, you will not be able to continue down Granville so this turn is self-evident).
- Turn right on Burrard Street. Follow Burrard right to the Waterfront (can't go any further) and look for the "sails"! You have reached Canada Place, home of the Vancouver Convention Centre East building. There are several underground parking facilities within a couple blocks.
The following are directions from Seattle to the Convention Centre located at 999 Canada Place in Downtown Vancouver. The trip spans approximately 150 miles and will take 2.5 to 3 hours depending on border delays.