- GLOBE to provide mentoring and technology review services for a select group of pre-commercial BC companies in environmental and clean technology related sectors as part of a 10-month pilot project.
- The failure of many small businesses to develop international trade opportunities is a major challenge for governments and business owners
- Expectations on the growth and deployment of renewable energy vastly exceed actual growth of green energy
- By 2050 more than 40% of the world’s population will live under severe water stress and nearly 20% could be exposed to floods.
- Phil Fontaine O.C., O.M. will be recognized for his lifelong dedication to the Aboriginal community as recipient of the 2013 Award for Excellence in Aboriginal Relations from the Canadian Council for Aboriginal Business
Spend Spring Break in Whistler
Hit the Slopes in World-Classs Whistler Resort
Located in the spectacular Coast Mountains of British Columbia, and just two hours north of Vancouver, Whistler is Canada's premier, year-round destination.
Consistently ranked the number one mountain resort in North America, Whistler features two majestic mountains, epic skiing and snowboarding, more than 200 shops, 90 restaurants and bars, accommodation galore, spas and countless other activities. In short, Whistler has everything you will ever need to have the time of your life - and so much more.
March is Family Month in Whistler - Kids 12 and under ski and rent free with a full paying adult. With over 500 cm of accumulated snowfall thus far, Whistler Blackcomb is the place to be this winter! Hit the slopes after GLOBE in one of North America's most beautiful destinations.
Whistler's diverse selection of accommodation ensures you will find the perfect place to call home during your stay. Choose from charming slope-side townhomes, full-service hotels and lodges, secluded mountain homes, and fully equipped condominiums. Click here to book.
Ziptrek Eco Tours
Starting at $99 per person
Get ready for the ride of your life with an exciting glide over spectacular creeks and through majestic old-growth forest. Ziplining combines the thrill of flying with the security of being safely tucked into a harness. Simply clip onto the zipline cable and you'll be zooming from platform to platform high above the valley below.
A year-round Whistler activity, Ziplining offers a different experience depending on the season. Imagine snow-covered valleys, frozen creeks and a white wonderland of forest in the winter, or sunshine streaming through the treetops, lush foliage and a rushing creek below you in the summer. Learn about Whistler's ecology and wildlife while laughing out loud with the whole family.
Tree Trek - Canopy Walk
$39 per person
Discover secrets of the ancient rainforest from your bird's eye view in the treetops of magnificent cedars, hemlocks and firs that are the setting for your guided, interpretive TreeTrek Canopy Walk adventure.
* Aerial forest exploration 200' above the waters of Fitzsimmons Creek and the valley that divides Whistler and Blackcomb Mountains
* Treetop viewing platforms, suspension bridges, forest boardwalks and interpretive signage
For those who love the education and stunning treetop vistas of the river valley below but aren't quite as adventurous are invited to take our TreeTrek Canopy Walk. TreeTrek is a fully guided ecology based tour that takes guests through the treetops on a series of suspension bridges and observation platforms.
Squamish Lil'wat Cultural Centre
$15.30 per person
the Squamish Lil'wat Cultural Centre is an authentic cultural activity for the whole family. The Centre showcases our cultures through Native art, museum space, exhibits, food, film and live performances. Our 15 minute film provides a spectacular visual portrayal of Squamish and Lil'wat traditional practices and contemporary cultures. Touch screens and interactive panels showcase our languages, artifacts and seasonal use of land and resources.