- GLOBE to provide mentoring and technology review services for a select group of pre-commercial BC companies in environmental and clean technology related sectors as part of a 10-month pilot project.
- The failure of many small businesses to develop international trade opportunities is a major challenge for governments and business owners
- Expectations on the growth and deployment of renewable energy vastly exceed actual growth of green energy
- By 2050 more than 40% of the world’s population will live under severe water stress and nearly 20% could be exposed to floods.
- Phil Fontaine O.C., O.M. will be recognized for his lifelong dedication to the Aboriginal community as recipient of the 2013 Award for Excellence in Aboriginal Relations from the Canadian Council for Aboriginal Business
Why GLOBE - What Sets Us Apart?
- The GLOBE Series is the longest running corporate environmental business event in North America. Having been around since 1990, GLOBE is known as the quintessential gathering of global senior business and government representatives who meet to network and to advance the issues at the nexus of global business and sustainability agendas. We were there first, and we will continue to remain at the forefront of sustainable business long into the future.
- The GLOBE Series is the flagship event produced by the GLOBE Foundation, an environmental business foundation whose senior executive team has been with the company since its inception and who are proven visionaries in the realm of sustainable business. In September 2011, our CEO John Wiebe, was named one of Corporate Knight's Clean16, which recognizes him as one of 16 individuals who have done the most to advance the cause of sustainability and clean capitalism in Canada. Our thought leadership is also demonstrated through our globe-net.com environmental business news website (over 45,000 unique visitors per week).
- GLOBE is a fully integrated event: it has a comprehensive conference program as well as a world-class technology trade fair. Other conferences do not have a trade fair of the size or nature of GLOBE (if they have a trade fair at all - most do not). Conversely, other large environmental technology trade fairs do not have a strategic business conference accompanying it. GLOBE is the only combined international environmental business conference and technology trade fair of its scale - anywhere.
- The GLOBE Conference is strategic in nature, not technical. While some other events have a technical conference with a call for papers attached to a trade fair, the GLOBE Conference has always been about long term business strategy and competitiveness. We develop our own program content and actively seek out the best and most innovative companies in the world to deliver that content.
- One of GLOBE's biggest strengths and the characteristic that best sets us apart from other events is the massive international scope. The GLOBE Trade Fair showcases over 400 companies bringing advanced environmental technologies from around the world. Twenty-two countries took part in the GLOBE 2010 Trade Fair:
United Arab Emirates
- GLOBE attracts participants from dozens of countries. Although a record-breaking 22 countries exhibited at the 2010 Trade Fair, many more countries attend the Conference and visit the Trade Fair searching for solutions to environmental challenges. In fact, more than 80 countries have participated in GLOBE events.
- The durability and value of GLOBE is obvious: even in the economic downturn of 2008/2009, GLOBE 2010 had record levels of participation: the highest number of sponsors to date, the greatest number of international exhibitors in history, and a record number of senior executive participation ̶ more than 800 Presidents and CEOs. No other international environmental business conference attracts such large numbers of C-Suite-level participation.
- GLOBE is multi-sectoral by design, because companies in different sectors often face similar challenges. This approach allows un-related companies to learn from one another, find synergies across sectors and to do business together. Other conferences and/or trade fairs that have emerged in the past five years are highly sector-specific with the exclusive focus on water, fuel cells, green building, etc. GLOBE brings all these together under one roof because many companies both procure from and sell into many different types of markets.
From a marketing perspective GLOBE is an excellent investment that
can garner your company significant profile:
- Close to $1 million in worldwide promotion went into GLOBE 2012.
- Over 200 media organizations from around the world attended.
- Thousands of unique website hits daily; tens of thousands weekly - in the lead up to GLOBE 2012, GLOBE2012.com garnered over 40,000 unique visitors per week.
- Over $400 million worth of business generated on the Trade Fair floor each event as reported by our exhibitors.
- Association with Fortune 500 companies; opportunities to network directly with senior executives, leaders and decision makers.
Discover The GLOBE Series. For more
information on becoming a sponsor,
Vice President, Marketing
Toll Free: 800-274-6097
Tel: (604) 695-5000