- The Canadian government has announced new funding of $35 million over five years to Canadian university and government scientists and researchers to help "improve understanding of the climate and the atmosphere."
- The past decade has been one of unprecedented weather extremes. Scientists of the Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research (PIK) in Germany argue that the high incidence of extremes is not merely accidental.
- The global economy continued to grow last year, world population surpassed 7 billion, and the use of energy and other natural resources generally rose. The impacts of rising consumption and the increasingly risky state of humanity are documented in the Worldwatch Institute's Vital Signs 2012 report.
- "Never has there been a more exciting time for all of us to explore this great next frontier where boundaries between work and purpose are merging into one, where doing good, really is good for business."
- In an effort to avoid consumer anger, companies are putting more and more effort into attaching themselves to global issues. How Pepsi--which is working on clean water access around the world--has made this shift has lessons for all brands.
|Exhibitor:||Arizona Commerce Authority|
|Contact Name:||Fernando Jimenez|
333 North Central Avenue,
Suite 1900 ,
Phoenix, AZ 85004
The Arizona Commerce Authority spearheads the state's efforts to attract new business and expand businesses already excelling in the state. It's led by a group of the most formidable, visionary private and public-sector minds in Arizona, coupled with the most talented staff implementing the strategy. We "speak" business, to ensure your business is not just thriving, it's exceeding expectations.
|Experience in:||Canada, Chile, France, Germany, Mexico, United Kingdom|
|Interest in:||not specified|