- A company that converts plastic into fuels and another that makes measurement sensors for the smart grid are the inaugural investments of a new $30 million cleantech venture fund launched in Ontario.
- The Canadian government has announced new funding of $35 million over five years to Canadian university and government scientists and researchers to help "improve understanding of the climate and the atmosphere."
- The past decade has been one of unprecedented weather extremes. Scientists of the Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research (PIK) in Germany argue that the high incidence of extremes is not merely accidental.
- The global economy continued to grow last year, world population surpassed 7 billion, and the use of energy and other natural resources generally rose. The impacts of rising consumption and the increasingly risky state of humanity are documented in the Worldwatch Institute's Vital Signs 2012 report.
- "Never has there been a more exciting time for all of us to explore this great next frontier where boundaries between work and purpose are merging into one, where doing good, really is good for business."
|Exhibitor:||Direct Energy Business Services|
|Contact Name:||Alice Lee|
30 High Meadow Place,
Toronto, ON M9L 2Z5
Direct Energy Business Services Limited is one of the largest providers of gas, electricity, and energy services in North America. We specialize in extracting energy savings from existing buildings to reduce overall energy consumption and maximize cost savings. Our products and services include: magnetic bearing chillers, HVAC services, Building Automation Systems, Energy Performance Contracting and Preventative maintenance program for both HVAC and BAS systems.
|Experience in:||Canada, United States|
|Interest in:||Canada, United States|