- The true worth of oceans' services and ecosystems, including food security, storm protection and carbon absorption is not being factored in by policy makers, according to a study from the Stockholm Environment Institute.
- A company that converts plastic into fuels and another that makes measurement sensors for the smart grid are the inaugural investments of a new $30 million cleantech venture fund launched in Ontario.
- The Canadian government has announced new funding of $35 million over five years to Canadian university and government scientists and researchers to help "improve understanding of the climate and the atmosphere."
- The past decade has been one of unprecedented weather extremes. Scientists of the Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research (PIK) in Germany argue that the high incidence of extremes is not merely accidental.
- The global economy continued to grow last year, world population surpassed 7 billion, and the use of energy and other natural resources generally rose. The impacts of rising consumption and the increasingly risky state of humanity are documented in the Worldwatch Institute's Vital Signs 2012 report.
|Exhibitor:||Economic and Commercial Office of Spain / ICEX|
|Contact Name:||Javier Gorriz Waddington|
151 Slater St.,
Ottawa, ON K1P 5H3
Spain: Leader in Technology and Innovation Spain has a vibrant, creative business culture with a passion for driving business success and delivering innovative solutions. Spain-based organizations are leaders in a variety of emerging markets, including: Renewable energy; Rail; Infrastructure; Water Treatment & Desalination; Information Technology. Discover how Spain's enterprises can provide solutions to inspire your success in these thriving business sectors.
|Experience in:||Canada, Spain|
|Interest in:||Canada, Spain|