- The Canadian government has announced new funding of $35 million over five years to Canadian university and government scientists and researchers to help "improve understanding of the climate and the atmosphere."
- The past decade has been one of unprecedented weather extremes. Scientists of the Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research (PIK) in Germany argue that the high incidence of extremes is not merely accidental.
- The global economy continued to grow last year, world population surpassed 7 billion, and the use of energy and other natural resources generally rose. The impacts of rising consumption and the increasingly risky state of humanity are documented in the Worldwatch Institute's Vital Signs 2012 report.
- "Never has there been a more exciting time for all of us to explore this great next frontier where boundaries between work and purpose are merging into one, where doing good, really is good for business."
- In an effort to avoid consumer anger, companies are putting more and more effort into attaching themselves to global issues. How Pepsi--which is working on clean water access around the world--has made this shift has lessons for all brands.
|Exhibitor:||Business Enterprise Management|
|Contact Name:||Peter Pankratz|
195 14th Street NE, Ste. TS4,
Atlanta, GA 30309
Business Enterprise Management is a small, agile, low-overhead consulting firm, based out of Atlanta GA, that helps its clients to achieve cost efficiency, improved time on delivery, operational competitive advantage, and return on investment. We do this by focusing on how a business executes its work activities. We use Lean (also know as the Toyota Production System) and Lean Six Sigma methods to help our clients to see the waste in their operations and find ways to eliminate it.
|Experience in:||Australia, Bangladesh, Canada, Japan, Mexico, China, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, United States, Egypt|
|Interest in:||Australia, Bangladesh, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Dominica, Ecuador, Guatemala, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, China, Peru, Philippines, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, United Arab Emirates, United States, Venezuela, Vietnam, Costa Rica, Egypt, El Salvador, Panama, Puerto Rico, Korea|