- A company that converts plastic into fuels and another that makes measurement sensors for the smart grid are the inaugural investments of a new $30 million cleantech venture fund launched in Ontario.
- The Canadian government has announced new funding of $35 million over five years to Canadian university and government scientists and researchers to help "improve understanding of the climate and the atmosphere."
- The past decade has been one of unprecedented weather extremes. Scientists of the Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research (PIK) in Germany argue that the high incidence of extremes is not merely accidental.
- The global economy continued to grow last year, world population surpassed 7 billion, and the use of energy and other natural resources generally rose. The impacts of rising consumption and the increasingly risky state of humanity are documented in the Worldwatch Institute's Vital Signs 2012 report.
- "Never has there been a more exciting time for all of us to explore this great next frontier where boundaries between work and purpose are merging into one, where doing good, really is good for business."
|Contact Name:||Nick Roddis|
Bankfield House, Regent Road,
Liverpool, L20 8RQ
Cartakeback.com Limited was formed in 2005, in response to the End of Life Vehicle Directive. The directive sought to improve the recyclability of scrap cars and to reduce the impact they had on the environment. Since that time, Cartakeback has processed nearly 2 million scrap cars, with a year on year increase in numbers. Our UK network has over 300 recycling centres. Each one of Cartakeback's 300 car recycling centres has been licensed as an Authorised Treatment Facility by one of the UK's environmental agencies. Today, we are proud to be the largest car maker approved network in the UK. Our car recycling centres have been exclusively approved by car makers representing over 70% of cars on the road, and we extend this first class car recycling service to customers- whatever their brand of car. Under the Government scrappage scheme, together with our Authorised Treatment Facility partners, we handled over 190,000 cars from the 400,000 surrendered. Within the scheme we organised collections, payments, invoicing, electronic DVLA Certificates of Destruction, Hazardous Waste Consignment Notes and, of course, achieved the recycling targets. Our service is used by the police, local authorities, the Insolvency Service, car dealerships, car auction houses, Webuyanycar.com and the general public, all seeking a professional company who can return maximum value.
|Experience in:||Australia, Ireland, New Zealand, United Kingdom|
|Interest in:||Canada, China, United States|