- GreenBiz.com's fifth annual edition of research exploring progress made in the greening of the American economy has been released. The report measures the environmental impact of the emerging green economy in the U.S. and lists 10 trends that will affect corporate America.
- Sustainability initiatives enhance corporate brands, make companies more efficient and help industries grow profitably, 'chief sustainability officers' told the GLOBE 2012 business and environment conference.
- Although 2011 witnessed fewer natural disasters than 2010, overall global monetary losses hit a record-setting $380 billion. Insurance companies, politicians and climate change leaders are discussing how best to mitigate and prepare for unforeseen catastrophes.
- The federal government is radically changing the way it funds research and development in Canada. Saying that Canada has fallen behind other developed countries, Budget 2012 announces a new formula for funding innovation and research to foster job creation.
- A new study from the University of Oregon is challenging conventional thinking on alternative energy someday replacing fossil fuels. The study says it can take as much as 10 units of alternative energy to replace one unit of fossil fuels.
|Exhibitor:||Walker Environmental Group|
|Contact Name:||Mike Watt|
2800 Thorold Townline Road,
P. O. Box 100,
Niagara Falls, ON L2E 6S4
The Walker Environmental Group is a full service environmental solutions provider. Walker Environmental Group uses proven technologies to develop and operate infrastructure that helps our customers reduce their environmental impacts, improve energy efficiency and achieve higher environmental performance. We apply the "Reduce, Re-use, Recycle" hierarchy to minimize waste generation and return resources to productive use wherever possible. Our diverse range of services gives us the ability to enhance the environment by providing sustainable solutions.
|Interest in:||Canada, Germany, Spain, United States|