- Record high global temperatures, high winds and rising sea levels are becoming the norm as climate change impacts are starting to be felt on the planet, according to a new comprehensive report from the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change.
- The true worth of oceans' services and ecosystems, including food security, storm protection and carbon absorption is not being factored in by policy makers, according to a study from the Stockholm Environment Institute.
- A company that converts plastic into fuels and another that makes measurement sensors for the smart grid are the inaugural investments of a new $30 million cleantech venture fund launched in Ontario.
- The Canadian government has announced new funding of $35 million over five years to Canadian university and government scientists and researchers to help "improve understanding of the climate and the atmosphere."
- The past decade has been one of unprecedented weather extremes. Scientists of the Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research (PIK) in Germany argue that the high incidence of extremes is not merely accidental.
|Contact Name:||Nancy Luftenegger|
St. Thomas, ON N5P 3V3
Municipal World - the most influential magazine in Canada's municipal sector - is the best source for news, views, case summaries and trends in the field. Each month, municipal decision makers receive current information on the latest developments in this fast changing landscape, including public private partnerships, economic development, environmental issues, cultural planning, quality standards, technology, municipal success stories and coming events.
|Experience in:||Canada, Finland, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, South Africa, Sweden, Thailand, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States|
|Interest in:||not specified|