- Record high global temperatures, high winds and rising sea levels are becoming the norm as climate change impacts are starting to be felt on the planet, according to a new comprehensive report from the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change.
- The true worth of oceans' services and ecosystems, including food security, storm protection and carbon absorption is not being factored in by policy makers, according to a study from the Stockholm Environment Institute.
- A company that converts plastic into fuels and another that makes measurement sensors for the smart grid are the inaugural investments of a new $30 million cleantech venture fund launched in Ontario.
- The Canadian government has announced new funding of $35 million over five years to Canadian university and government scientists and researchers to help "improve understanding of the climate and the atmosphere."
- The past decade has been one of unprecedented weather extremes. Scientists of the Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research (PIK) in Germany argue that the high incidence of extremes is not merely accidental.
|Exhibitor:||NORAM Biosystems Inc.|
|Contact Name:||Jeff Guild|
200 Granville Street 1800,
Vancouver, BC V6C 1S4
NORAM offers VERTREAT, an activated sludge process producing reuse quality effluent from industrial and municipal waste streams, and VERTAD, an aerobic digestion process producing pathogen-free Class A biosolids. Efficient oxygen transfer results in half the operating cost of conventional systems,and with less than 20 percent of the land requirements,these systems fit just about anywhere.
|Experience in:||Australia, Brazil, Canada, Germany, Ireland, Japan, Mexico, China, United Kingdom, United States, Korea|
|Interest in:||Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Brazil, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominica, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Macau, Malaysia, Mexico, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, China, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States, Vietnam, U.S. Virgin Islands, Belize, Costa Rica, Cuba, Iceland, Netherlands Antilles, Korea|