- Record high global temperatures, high winds and rising sea levels are becoming the norm as climate change impacts are starting to be felt on the planet, according to a new comprehensive report from the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change.
- The true worth of oceans' services and ecosystems, including food security, storm protection and carbon absorption is not being factored in by policy makers, according to a study from the Stockholm Environment Institute.
- A company that converts plastic into fuels and another that makes measurement sensors for the smart grid are the inaugural investments of a new $30 million cleantech venture fund launched in Ontario.
- The Canadian government has announced new funding of $35 million over five years to Canadian university and government scientists and researchers to help "improve understanding of the climate and the atmosphere."
- The past decade has been one of unprecedented weather extremes. Scientists of the Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research (PIK) in Germany argue that the high incidence of extremes is not merely accidental.
|Contact Name:||Peter Heusser|
c/o Paul Scherrer Institut,
Villigen PSI, CH-5232
Hydromethan AG is a spin-off originating from Paul Scherrer Institute, Villigen Switzerland. We are lined up to serve environment and climate protection and to realize on large scale the production of synthetic natural gas (SNG) from organic waste fractions worldwide. Newest scientific findings from years of research will be utilized economically and with professional responsibility. Already in 2012 a first demonstration plant will be built at a first site in Switzerland.
|Interest in:||Austria, Canada, Netherlands, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States|