- A company that converts plastic into fuels and another that makes measurement sensors for the smart grid are the inaugural investments of a new $30 million cleantech venture fund launched in Ontario.
- The Canadian government has announced new funding of $35 million over five years to Canadian university and government scientists and researchers to help "improve understanding of the climate and the atmosphere."
- The past decade has been one of unprecedented weather extremes. Scientists of the Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research (PIK) in Germany argue that the high incidence of extremes is not merely accidental.
- The global economy continued to grow last year, world population surpassed 7 billion, and the use of energy and other natural resources generally rose. The impacts of rising consumption and the increasingly risky state of humanity are documented in the Worldwatch Institute's Vital Signs 2012 report.
- "Never has there been a more exciting time for all of us to explore this great next frontier where boundaries between work and purpose are merging into one, where doing good, really is good for business."
|Exhibitor:||Consulate General of Poland - Trade Commissioner's Office in Canada|
|Contact Name:||Mr. Michal Korczak, Vice-Consul|
3501 Avenue du Musee,
Montreal, QC H3G 2C8
As an official representative in Canada of the Ministry of Economy of Poland, we provide information about commercial and legal conditions in Poland. Our mission is to help Polish companies to identify potential business partners in Canada and to assist Canadian businesses looking to buy goods and services in Poland or invest in our country. We also facilitate contacts with Polish business organizations, government institutions and local authorities. Please visit us at www.montreal.trade.gov.pl