- A company that converts plastic into fuels and another that makes measurement sensors for the smart grid are the inaugural investments of a new $30 million cleantech venture fund launched in Ontario.
- The Canadian government has announced new funding of $35 million over five years to Canadian university and government scientists and researchers to help "improve understanding of the climate and the atmosphere."
- The past decade has been one of unprecedented weather extremes. Scientists of the Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research (PIK) in Germany argue that the high incidence of extremes is not merely accidental.
- The global economy continued to grow last year, world population surpassed 7 billion, and the use of energy and other natural resources generally rose. The impacts of rising consumption and the increasingly risky state of humanity are documented in the Worldwatch Institute's Vital Signs 2012 report.
- "Never has there been a more exciting time for all of us to explore this great next frontier where boundaries between work and purpose are merging into one, where doing good, really is good for business."
|Exhibitor:||Canmet ENERGY - Natural Resources Canada|
|Contact Name:||Glenda Caldwell|
580 Booth Street ,
Ottawa, ON K1A 1M1
CanmetENERGY is the Canadian leader in clean energy research and technology development. We are a division of Natural Resources Canada. Our 450 scientists, engineers and technicians apply their expertise in the fields of transportation, oil and gas, energy efficiency, buildings and communities, industry, and electric power. Come see us about collaborative opportunities. (Disponible en français.)