- The Canadian government has announced new funding of $35 million over five years to Canadian university and government scientists and researchers to help "improve understanding of the climate and the atmosphere."
- The past decade has been one of unprecedented weather extremes. Scientists of the Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research (PIK) in Germany argue that the high incidence of extremes is not merely accidental.
- The global economy continued to grow last year, world population surpassed 7 billion, and the use of energy and other natural resources generally rose. The impacts of rising consumption and the increasingly risky state of humanity are documented in the Worldwatch Institute's Vital Signs 2012 report.
- "Never has there been a more exciting time for all of us to explore this great next frontier where boundaries between work and purpose are merging into one, where doing good, really is good for business."
- In an effort to avoid consumer anger, companies are putting more and more effort into attaching themselves to global issues. How Pepsi--which is working on clean water access around the world--has made this shift has lessons for all brands.
|Exhibitor:||Berlie Technologies Inc|
|Contact Name:||Bertrand Blanchette|
1245 Industrielle Street,
La Prairie, QC J5R 2E4
Engineering, manufacturing and installation of water, wastewater and biosolids treatment systems with specialty in anaerobic digestion, dewatering and drying of sludge and organic waste for municipalities and industries. Dewatering includes belt filter press and plates filter press. Drying includes rotary closed loop dryers, belt dryers and heated filter press dryers. Conception, manufacturing and installation of customized industrial process systems.
|Experience in:||Canada, Saudi Arabia, United States|
|Interest in:||Canada, Saudi Arabia, United States|