- A company that converts plastic into fuels and another that makes measurement sensors for the smart grid are the inaugural investments of a new $30 million cleantech venture fund launched in Ontario.
- The Canadian government has announced new funding of $35 million over five years to Canadian university and government scientists and researchers to help "improve understanding of the climate and the atmosphere."
- The past decade has been one of unprecedented weather extremes. Scientists of the Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research (PIK) in Germany argue that the high incidence of extremes is not merely accidental.
- The global economy continued to grow last year, world population surpassed 7 billion, and the use of energy and other natural resources generally rose. The impacts of rising consumption and the increasingly risky state of humanity are documented in the Worldwatch Institute's Vital Signs 2012 report.
- "Never has there been a more exciting time for all of us to explore this great next frontier where boundaries between work and purpose are merging into one, where doing good, really is good for business."
|Exhibitor:||Dubai Economic Development|
|Contact Name:||Hassan Mohalal|
PO Box 41033,
United Arab Emirates
The Department of Economic Development (DED) was established in March 1992 with the objective to organise, regulate and boost trade & industry within the Emirate of Dubai. In October 2008, DED was given full responsibility to plan & regulate the overall economic performance of Dubai, supervise its functions and support the economic development to ensure the objectives of the Dubai Strategic Plan are achieved. The new mandate brought about a new leadership with a new vision for the DED.
|Experience in:||not specified|
|Interest in:||not specified|