- Record high global temperatures, high winds and rising sea levels are becoming the norm as climate change impacts are starting to be felt on the planet, according to a new comprehensive report from the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change.
- The true worth of oceans' services and ecosystems, including food security, storm protection and carbon absorption is not being factored in by policy makers, according to a study from the Stockholm Environment Institute.
- A company that converts plastic into fuels and another that makes measurement sensors for the smart grid are the inaugural investments of a new $30 million cleantech venture fund launched in Ontario.
- The Canadian government has announced new funding of $35 million over five years to Canadian university and government scientists and researchers to help "improve understanding of the climate and the atmosphere."
- The past decade has been one of unprecedented weather extremes. Scientists of the Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research (PIK) in Germany argue that the high incidence of extremes is not merely accidental.
|Contact Name:||Ms.Dorothy Bootle and Ms.Ellen Law|
7300 - 515 W Hastings St.,
Vancouver, BC V6B 5K3
GreenTech Exchange is an industry forum with an online portal plus networking events for accelerating clean technology innovation and deploying clean energy solutions in a regional Cleantech cluster. Our goal is to engage investors, professionals, government and agencies with entrepreneurs, emerging companies and commercial enterprises to empower the Cleantech ecosystem. Visit us at booth #600 to discuss GreenTech Exchange programs, solutions and partnership opportunities.
|Experience in:||Canada, France, China, Singapore, Taiwan, United Kingdom, United States, Korea|
|Interest in:||Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, India, Japan, Mexico, China, Singapore, South Africa, Taiwan, United Kingdom, United States, Korea|