- A company that converts plastic into fuels and another that makes measurement sensors for the smart grid are the inaugural investments of a new $30 million cleantech venture fund launched in Ontario.
- The Canadian government has announced new funding of $35 million over five years to Canadian university and government scientists and researchers to help "improve understanding of the climate and the atmosphere."
- The past decade has been one of unprecedented weather extremes. Scientists of the Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research (PIK) in Germany argue that the high incidence of extremes is not merely accidental.
- The global economy continued to grow last year, world population surpassed 7 billion, and the use of energy and other natural resources generally rose. The impacts of rising consumption and the increasingly risky state of humanity are documented in the Worldwatch Institute's Vital Signs 2012 report.
- "Never has there been a more exciting time for all of us to explore this great next frontier where boundaries between work and purpose are merging into one, where doing good, really is good for business."
|Contact Name:||Richard Fisher|
2nd Floor, 3600 Lysander Lane,
Richmond, BC V7B 1C3
Catalyst manufactures a broad range of communication papers for commercial printing, retail advertising, publishing and direct marketing. With four mills, including a pulp mill, strategically located to serve North America, Latin America and Pacific Rim markets, Catalyst is known for technical and service excellence, prudent fiscal management, and ongoing stakeholder engagement. Respected by environmental groups for sustainability performance, expertise and transparency, Catalyst has annual production capacity of 1.9 million tonnes and is ranked among the country's 50 most socially responsible companies by Jantzi-Macleans and by Corporate Knights magazine as one of the 50 Best Corporate Citizens in Canada.
|Experience in:||Australia, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, India, Japan, China, United States, Venezuela, Korea|
|Interest in:||Australia, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, India, Japan, China, United States, Venezuela, Korea|