- A company that converts plastic into fuels and another that makes measurement sensors for the smart grid are the inaugural investments of a new $30 million cleantech venture fund launched in Ontario.
- The Canadian government has announced new funding of $35 million over five years to Canadian university and government scientists and researchers to help "improve understanding of the climate and the atmosphere."
- The past decade has been one of unprecedented weather extremes. Scientists of the Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research (PIK) in Germany argue that the high incidence of extremes is not merely accidental.
- The global economy continued to grow last year, world population surpassed 7 billion, and the use of energy and other natural resources generally rose. The impacts of rising consumption and the increasingly risky state of humanity are documented in the Worldwatch Institute's Vital Signs 2012 report.
- "Never has there been a more exciting time for all of us to explore this great next frontier where boundaries between work and purpose are merging into one, where doing good, really is good for business."
|Exhibitor:||Co-operative Education & Career Services, University of Waterloo|
|Contact Name:||Kate Surtees|
200 University Avenue West,
Waterloo, ON N2L 3G1
The University of Waterloo is one of Canada's leading comprehensive universities with over 30,000 full time and part-time students in undergraduate, masters and doctoral programs. From co-op, to regular, to graduating, to alumni, Waterloo students are available and equipped with the skills to meet your unique business requirements all year round.
|Experience in:||not specified|
|Interest in:||not specified|