- Record high global temperatures, high winds and rising sea levels are becoming the norm as climate change impacts are starting to be felt on the planet, according to a new comprehensive report from the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change.
- The true worth of oceans' services and ecosystems, including food security, storm protection and carbon absorption is not being factored in by policy makers, according to a study from the Stockholm Environment Institute.
- A company that converts plastic into fuels and another that makes measurement sensors for the smart grid are the inaugural investments of a new $30 million cleantech venture fund launched in Ontario.
- The Canadian government has announced new funding of $35 million over five years to Canadian university and government scientists and researchers to help "improve understanding of the climate and the atmosphere."
- The past decade has been one of unprecedented weather extremes. Scientists of the Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research (PIK) in Germany argue that the high incidence of extremes is not merely accidental.
|Contact Name:||Marcie Gillette|
10th floor - 1111 West Georgia St,
Vancouver, BC V6E 4M3
Together, the Fortis energy companies in British Columbia provide electricity, natural gas, piped propane and alternative energy solutions. Delivering more energy than any other utility in the province — approximately 21 per cent of the total energy consumed in BC — the companies serve more than 1.1 million customers in 135 communities. We are dedicated to fulfilling customers' energy needs and helping the province meet its environmental and energy goals for the future.