- The true worth of oceans' services and ecosystems, including food security, storm protection and carbon absorption is not being factored in by policy makers, according to a study from the Stockholm Environment Institute.
- A company that converts plastic into fuels and another that makes measurement sensors for the smart grid are the inaugural investments of a new $30 million cleantech venture fund launched in Ontario.
- The Canadian government has announced new funding of $35 million over five years to Canadian university and government scientists and researchers to help "improve understanding of the climate and the atmosphere."
- The past decade has been one of unprecedented weather extremes. Scientists of the Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research (PIK) in Germany argue that the high incidence of extremes is not merely accidental.
- The global economy continued to grow last year, world population surpassed 7 billion, and the use of energy and other natural resources generally rose. The impacts of rising consumption and the increasingly risky state of humanity are documented in the Worldwatch Institute's Vital Signs 2012 report.
|Contact Name:||Mary Lou McLean|
200 Albert St. ,
Lindsay, ON K9V 5E6
The Centre for Alternative Wastewater Treatment (CAWT)at Fleming College,promotes innovative forms of water and wastewater treatment technology through applied research, education, and demonstration projects.
|Experience in:||Canada, China, Kenya|
|Interest in:||Brazil, Canada, India, Israel, China, United States, Kenya|