- A company that converts plastic into fuels and another that makes measurement sensors for the smart grid are the inaugural investments of a new $30 million cleantech venture fund launched in Ontario.
- The Canadian government has announced new funding of $35 million over five years to Canadian university and government scientists and researchers to help "improve understanding of the climate and the atmosphere."
- The past decade has been one of unprecedented weather extremes. Scientists of the Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research (PIK) in Germany argue that the high incidence of extremes is not merely accidental.
- The global economy continued to grow last year, world population surpassed 7 billion, and the use of energy and other natural resources generally rose. The impacts of rising consumption and the increasingly risky state of humanity are documented in the Worldwatch Institute's Vital Signs 2012 report.
- "Never has there been a more exciting time for all of us to explore this great next frontier where boundaries between work and purpose are merging into one, where doing good, really is good for business."
|Exhibitor:||Dubai Electricity & Water Authority|
|Contact Name:||Waleed Salman|
P.O. Box 564,
United Arab Emirates
DEWA strongly believes that excellence in the environmental fields is an important means of competition. DEWA willingness to work for lasting & sustainable development is evident in its environmental policy. DEWA strives to work with environmental issues in a consistent & systematic manner. An Environmental Management System was successively introduced & in Feb 1998, ISO 14001 certificate was awarded to DEWA. DEWA has been ranked among the first few utilities worldwide to get this certificate.
|Experience in:||United Arab Emirates|
|Interest in:||United Arab Emirates|