- A company that converts plastic into fuels and another that makes measurement sensors for the smart grid are the inaugural investments of a new $30 million cleantech venture fund launched in Ontario.
- The Canadian government has announced new funding of $35 million over five years to Canadian university and government scientists and researchers to help "improve understanding of the climate and the atmosphere."
- The past decade has been one of unprecedented weather extremes. Scientists of the Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research (PIK) in Germany argue that the high incidence of extremes is not merely accidental.
- The global economy continued to grow last year, world population surpassed 7 billion, and the use of energy and other natural resources generally rose. The impacts of rising consumption and the increasingly risky state of humanity are documented in the Worldwatch Institute's Vital Signs 2012 report.
- "Never has there been a more exciting time for all of us to explore this great next frontier where boundaries between work and purpose are merging into one, where doing good, really is good for business."
|Contact Name:||Victoria Hollick|
200 Wildcat Road,
Toronto, ON M3J 2N5
Conserval Engineering invented and commercialized solar air heating around the world with the technology that was subsequently branded as SolarWall®. The solar heating technology generates substantial CO2 displacement by offseting the largest use of fossil-based energy in the building sector. (Indoor & ventilation heating) Past SolarWall clients have included private and public sector organizations like the US Army, Canadian Government, NASA, 3M, Toyota, Ford, FedEx, Jaguar/Land Rover and 3M.
|Experience in:||Austria, Canada, France, Germany, Greece, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Malaysia, Monaco, Netherlands, China, Poland, Portugal, Sweden, Turkey, United Kingdom, United States, Vietnam, Costa Rica, Kenya|
|Interest in:||Argentina, Australia, Canada, Chile, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, India, Ireland, Italy, Malaysia, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, China, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Turkey, United Kingdom, United States, Romania, Nicaragua|