- The Canadian government has announced new funding of $35 million over five years to Canadian university and government scientists and researchers to help "improve understanding of the climate and the atmosphere."
- The past decade has been one of unprecedented weather extremes. Scientists of the Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research (PIK) in Germany argue that the high incidence of extremes is not merely accidental.
- The global economy continued to grow last year, world population surpassed 7 billion, and the use of energy and other natural resources generally rose. The impacts of rising consumption and the increasingly risky state of humanity are documented in the Worldwatch Institute's Vital Signs 2012 report.
- "Never has there been a more exciting time for all of us to explore this great next frontier where boundaries between work and purpose are merging into one, where doing good, really is good for business."
- In an effort to avoid consumer anger, companies are putting more and more effort into attaching themselves to global issues. How Pepsi--which is working on clean water access around the world--has made this shift has lessons for all brands.
|Exhibitor:||Ballard Power Systems Inc.|
|Contact Name:||Monique Dunn|
9000 Glenlyon Parkway,
Burnaby, BC V5J 5J8
Ballard Power Systems Inc., is a world leader in the development, manufacture, sale and servicing of hydrogen fuel cells. Our products and services are used today in various markets, from materials handling to distributed power generation, backup power and transportation. Products are based on proprietary esencia™ technology, ensuring incomparable performance, durability and versatility. To learn more about Ballard, please visit www.ballard.com.
|Experience in:||Brazil, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom, United States, Iceland|
|Interest in:||Argentina, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Germany, South Africa, Spain, United Kingdom, United States|