- Record high global temperatures, high winds and rising sea levels are becoming the norm as climate change impacts are starting to be felt on the planet, according to a new comprehensive report from the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change.
- The true worth of oceans' services and ecosystems, including food security, storm protection and carbon absorption is not being factored in by policy makers, according to a study from the Stockholm Environment Institute.
- A company that converts plastic into fuels and another that makes measurement sensors for the smart grid are the inaugural investments of a new $30 million cleantech venture fund launched in Ontario.
- The Canadian government has announced new funding of $35 million over five years to Canadian university and government scientists and researchers to help "improve understanding of the climate and the atmosphere."
- The past decade has been one of unprecedented weather extremes. Scientists of the Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research (PIK) in Germany argue that the high incidence of extremes is not merely accidental.
|Exhibitor:||Harvest Power Canada, Ltd|
|Contact Name:||Meredith Sorensen|
21320 Gordon Way,
Richmond, BC V6W 1J8
Harvest harnesses the maximum value from organic materials through the production of renewable energy and soils, mulches and natural fertilizers. Harvest's vision is to find the highest and best use for the 500 million tons of organic materials produced in North America each year. The company operates facilities in the Mid-Atlantic and West Coast of the US, and in Ontario and British Columbia, Canada. Harvest has grown rapidly since its founding in 2008 and has won many awards for its business.
|Experience in:||Canada, Germany, United States|