- Record high global temperatures, high winds and rising sea levels are becoming the norm as climate change impacts are starting to be felt on the planet, according to a new comprehensive report from the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change.
- The true worth of oceans' services and ecosystems, including food security, storm protection and carbon absorption is not being factored in by policy makers, according to a study from the Stockholm Environment Institute.
- A company that converts plastic into fuels and another that makes measurement sensors for the smart grid are the inaugural investments of a new $30 million cleantech venture fund launched in Ontario.
- The Canadian government has announced new funding of $35 million over five years to Canadian university and government scientists and researchers to help "improve understanding of the climate and the atmosphere."
- The past decade has been one of unprecedented weather extremes. Scientists of the Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research (PIK) in Germany argue that the high incidence of extremes is not merely accidental.
|Exhibitor:||Gilbert Gilkes & Gordon Limited|
|Contact Name:||Sarah James|
Canal Head ,
Kendal, Cumbria LA9 7BZ
World leader Gilkes manufacture and supply hydroelectric turbines and ancillary equipment in the output power range from 50kW up to 20MW from a single unit. Activities include, design, manufacture, installation, commissioning, testing, routine service and plant upgrade. Established since 1853; Gilkes have nearly 160 years experience of generating renewable energy from water and has supplied over 6500 hydroelectric turbines to more than eighty countries during its history.
|Experience in:||Canada, Chile, Guatemala, Japan, New Zealand, South Africa, Sri Lanka, United Kingdom, United States|
|Interest in:||Australia, Indonesia, Panama|