- Record high global temperatures, high winds and rising sea levels are becoming the norm as climate change impacts are starting to be felt on the planet, according to a new comprehensive report from the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change.
- The true worth of oceans' services and ecosystems, including food security, storm protection and carbon absorption is not being factored in by policy makers, according to a study from the Stockholm Environment Institute.
- A company that converts plastic into fuels and another that makes measurement sensors for the smart grid are the inaugural investments of a new $30 million cleantech venture fund launched in Ontario.
- The Canadian government has announced new funding of $35 million over five years to Canadian university and government scientists and researchers to help "improve understanding of the climate and the atmosphere."
- The past decade has been one of unprecedented weather extremes. Scientists of the Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research (PIK) in Germany argue that the high incidence of extremes is not merely accidental.
|Exhibitor:||Leapfrog Sustainability Inc.|
|Contact Name:||Susan Sheehan|
51 Wolseley Street,
Toronto, ON M5T1A4
Three offers: 1. A consortium of senior experts delivering environmentally and economically sound planning: eco-audits, funding, strategy, process improvements, verifying targets, marketing and CSR/sustainability reporting. 2. Sustainability Boot Camp for Business Leaders is a crash course for executives with strategic responsibility for their organization. 3. getcleantech.com is where qualified buyers find screened, clean and green suppliers.
|Experience in:||Brazil, Canada, Czech Republic, Germany, Hong Kong, Mexico, China, Russia, United Kingdom, United States|
|Interest in:||Brazil, Canada, Czech Republic, Germany, Hong Kong, Mexico, China, United Kingdom, United States|