- The true worth of oceans' services and ecosystems, including food security, storm protection and carbon absorption is not being factored in by policy makers, according to a study from the Stockholm Environment Institute.
- A company that converts plastic into fuels and another that makes measurement sensors for the smart grid are the inaugural investments of a new $30 million cleantech venture fund launched in Ontario.
- The Canadian government has announced new funding of $35 million over five years to Canadian university and government scientists and researchers to help "improve understanding of the climate and the atmosphere."
- The past decade has been one of unprecedented weather extremes. Scientists of the Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research (PIK) in Germany argue that the high incidence of extremes is not merely accidental.
- The global economy continued to grow last year, world population surpassed 7 billion, and the use of energy and other natural resources generally rose. The impacts of rising consumption and the increasingly risky state of humanity are documented in the Worldwatch Institute's Vital Signs 2012 report.
|Exhibitor:||Ecologix Environmental Systems|
|Contact Name:||Allen Gruber|
11800 Wills Road STE 100,
Alpharetta, GA 30009
For more than a decade Ecologix has developed engineered and manufactured water and wastewater treatment solutions for companies around the world. Ecologix is making real advances in water and wastewater treatment technology by adopting a "closed-loop" mentality. This thought process opens the door to innovation and the potential for completely reclaiming and reusing water rather than discarding it. At the core of everything we do lies our greatest motivation - we can make a difference.
|Experience in:||Canada, Colombia, Mexico, China, Russia, United States, Kenya|
|Interest in:||Canada, Colombia, Mexico, Russia, United States, Kenya|