- Although 2011 witnessed fewer natural disasters than 2010, overall global monetary losses hit a record-setting $380 billion. Insurance companies, politicians and climate change leaders are discussing how best to mitigate and prepare for unforeseen catastrophes.
- The federal government is radically changing the way it funds research and development in Canada. Saying that Canada has fallen behind other developed countries, Budget 2012 announces a new formula for funding innovation and research to foster job creation.
- A new study from the University of Oregon is challenging conventional thinking on alternative energy someday replacing fossil fuels. The study says it can take as much as 10 units of alternative energy to replace one unit of fossil fuels.
- Sagging carbon prices lost nearly 14% of their value yesterday (2 April) as recession and a warm winter sparked a predicted 2.6% drop in carbon emissions from the 10,000 installations covered by the EU's Emissions Trading System (ETS) last year.
- The US Environmental Protection Agency says that targeted strategies to reduce black carbon "can be expected to provide climate benefits within the next several decades," based on black carbon's strong warming potential and its short atmospheric lifetime of days to weeks.
|Exhibitor:||PointSource Processing Inc.|
|Contact Name:||Nigel Bosworth|
365 hector rd,
Victoria, BC V9e2c3
Point Source Processing Inc. is a privately-held Canadian clean-tech company providing industry & Government with innovative wastewater & soil treatment solutions worldwide.Our broad range of proven technologies help our customers to Reduce-Remove-Retain-Reuse their full waste stream components. Clients see significant reduction in their environmental impact,infrastructure footprint & all costs associated. Achieving greater environmental performance through closed loop design. Cradle-to-Cradle.
|Experience in:||Australia, Canada, Germany, Sweden, United Kingdom, United States|
|Interest in:||Antigua, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Belgium, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Brazil, Brunei, Cambodia, Canada, Cayman Islands, Chile, Colombia, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominica, Ecuador, Fiji, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Grenada, Guatemala, Guilnea-Bissau, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Iran, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Kazakhstan, Laos, Luxembourg, Macau, Malaysia, Maldives, Mexico, Montserrat, Monaco, Myanmar, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, China, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Slovakia, South Africa, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sweden, Switzerland, Tahiti, Taiwan, Thailand, Trinidad and Tobago, Tonga, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay, Venezuela, Vietnam, U.S. Virgin Islands, Botswana, Hungary, Romania, Nigeria, Bahrain, Belize, Bolivia, Cameroon, Costa Rica, Cote D'lvoire, Cuba, Egypt, El Salvador, Ghana, Iceland, Jordan, Kenya, Lebanon, Malta, Netherlands Antilles, Nicaragua, Niger, Palau, Panama, Puerto Rico, Sierra Leone, Senegal, Suriname, Swaziland, Syria, Tunisia, Uganda, Ukraine, Zimbabwe, Korea, Mongolia, OTHER, Guadeloupe|