- A company that converts plastic into fuels and another that makes measurement sensors for the smart grid are the inaugural investments of a new $30 million cleantech venture fund launched in Ontario.
- The Canadian government has announced new funding of $35 million over five years to Canadian university and government scientists and researchers to help "improve understanding of the climate and the atmosphere."
- The past decade has been one of unprecedented weather extremes. Scientists of the Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research (PIK) in Germany argue that the high incidence of extremes is not merely accidental.
- The global economy continued to grow last year, world population surpassed 7 billion, and the use of energy and other natural resources generally rose. The impacts of rising consumption and the increasingly risky state of humanity are documented in the Worldwatch Institute's Vital Signs 2012 report.
- "Never has there been a more exciting time for all of us to explore this great next frontier where boundaries between work and purpose are merging into one, where doing good, really is good for business."
|Contact Name:||Gavin Pitchford|
1235 Bay Street, Suite 801,
Toronto, ON M5R 3K4
Delta Management Group is a Toronto executive search firm with a practice in CleanTech, Sustainability & CSR professionals. In 2011, Delta set out to recognize the 50 Canadian leaders who had made the greatest positive impact on sustainable development from 16 categories, name them to the inaugural CANADA's Clean50, & bring them together in a working Summit in search of their 50 best ideas. Visit #1725 to see the ideas, nominate someone for the 2013 Clean50 and discuss your search requirements
|Experience in:||Canada, United States|
|Interest in:||Canada, United States|