- Although 2011 witnessed fewer natural disasters than 2010, overall global monetary losses hit a record-setting $380 billion. Insurance companies, politicians and climate change leaders are discussing how best to mitigate and prepare for unforeseen catastrophes.
- The federal government is radically changing the way it funds research and development in Canada. Saying that Canada has fallen behind other developed countries, Budget 2012 announces a new formula for funding innovation and research to foster job creation.
- A new study from the University of Oregon is challenging conventional thinking on alternative energy someday replacing fossil fuels. The study says it can take as much as 10 units of alternative energy to replace one unit of fossil fuels.
- Sagging carbon prices lost nearly 14% of their value yesterday (2 April) as recession and a warm winter sparked a predicted 2.6% drop in carbon emissions from the 10,000 installations covered by the EU's Emissions Trading System (ETS) last year.
- The US Environmental Protection Agency says that targeted strategies to reduce black carbon "can be expected to provide climate benefits within the next several decades," based on black carbon's strong warming potential and its short atmospheric lifetime of days to weeks.
|Contact Name:||Gerry Gerke|
7722 9 St NW,
Edmonton, AB T6P 1L6
Proeco Corporation and Custom Environmental Services Ltd., both divisions of Aevitas Inc., operate a fully licensed waste management facility in Edmonton, Alberta. Environmental waste management services include all classes of chemical waste (except radioactive and explosive), PCB management, transformer and fluorescent tube recycling servicing all of Canada, the U.S and the Caribbean. Proeco has developed a system of using hazardous waste to produce electricity. Proeco continually raises the bar when it comes to excellence in waste reduction and re-uses technologies, servicing the needs of clients and assisting them in making informed environmental decisions. Visit the websites for more info.
|Experience in:||Canada, Mexico, United States|
|Interest in:||Dominica, Grenada, Mexico, Trinidad and Tobago, United States, Venezuela, U.S. Virgin Islands, Cuba, OTHER|