- The Canadian government has announced new funding of $35 million over five years to Canadian university and government scientists and researchers to help "improve understanding of the climate and the atmosphere."
- The past decade has been one of unprecedented weather extremes. Scientists of the Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research (PIK) in Germany argue that the high incidence of extremes is not merely accidental.
- The global economy continued to grow last year, world population surpassed 7 billion, and the use of energy and other natural resources generally rose. The impacts of rising consumption and the increasingly risky state of humanity are documented in the Worldwatch Institute's Vital Signs 2012 report.
- "Never has there been a more exciting time for all of us to explore this great next frontier where boundaries between work and purpose are merging into one, where doing good, really is good for business."
- In an effort to avoid consumer anger, companies are putting more and more effort into attaching themselves to global issues. How Pepsi--which is working on clean water access around the world--has made this shift has lessons for all brands.
|Contact Name:||Celine Delzongle|
911 Jean-Talon st. East, suite 220,
Montreal, QC H2R 1V5
AMERICANA 2013, the International Environmental Technology Trade Show and Conference organized by RÉSEAU environnement, will take place in Montreal from March 19 to 21, 2013. The 10th edition of AMERICANA will gather more than 350 exhibitors, 200 speakers and 10,000 participants from about 50 countries for technical and commercial exchanges related to green technologies, environment and sustainable development. AMERICANA is recognized as one of the leading multisectorial events of its kind.
|Experience in:||Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, Japan, Mexico, Netherlands, China, Poland, Spain, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States|
|Interest in:||Antigua, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Belgium, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Brazil, Brunei, Cambodia, Canada, Cayman Islands, Chile, Colombia, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominica, Ecuador, Fiji, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Grenada, Guatemala, Guilnea-Bissau, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Iran, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Kazakhstan, Laos, Luxembourg, Macau, Malaysia, Maldives, Mexico, Montserrat, Monaco, Myanmar, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, China, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Slovakia, South Africa, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sweden, Switzerland, Tahiti, Taiwan, Thailand, Trinidad and Tobago, Tonga, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay, Venezuela, Vietnam, U.S. Virgin Islands, Botswana, Hungary, Romania, Nigeria, Bahrain, Belize, Bolivia, Cameroon, Costa Rica, Cote D'lvoire, Cuba, Egypt, El Salvador, Ghana, Iceland, Jordan, Kenya, Lebanon, Malta, Netherlands Antilles, Nicaragua, Niger, Palau, Panama, Puerto Rico, Sierra Leone, Senegal, Suriname, Swaziland, Syria, Tunisia, Uganda, Ukraine, Zimbabwe, Korea, Mongolia, OTHER|