- The past decade has been one of unprecedented weather extremes. Scientists of the Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research (PIK) in Germany argue that the high incidence of extremes is not merely accidental.
- "Never has there been a more exciting time for all of us to explore this great next frontier where boundaries between work and purpose are merging into one, where doing good, really is good for business."
- In an effort to avoid consumer anger, companies are putting more and more effort into attaching themselves to global issues. How Pepsi--which is working on clean water access around the world--has made this shift has lessons for all brands.
- World Water Day is an ideal opportunity for everyone living in the Great Lakes region to recognize the importance of the Lakes to their livelihoods and to take steps to help in its protection and restoration.
- At 30 billion gallons in 2011, the global biofuels industry has become big business. With a stake in future oil production and "easy oil" increasingly difficult to source, the world's largest oil companies have each charted strategies to bring biofuels to market at scale.
|Exhibitor:||Alberta Advance Education and Technology|
|Contact Name:||Kim Capstick|
10020 101A Avenue,
It has been said that Alberta's past was defined by our natural resources, our future will be defined by our human resources. Alberta's Ministry of Advanced Education and Technology is at the forefront of that shift. Our goal is to support building a more educated population and a more diversified knowledge-driven economy. Our province's ability to compete on the global stage will depend on our ability to find solutions to some of society's greatest challenges including the issues surrounding energy and environmental sustainability that are central to Globe 2012. Central to that is the Government of Alberta's collaboration with our public post-secondary institutions, industry, research partners and the governments of other jurisdictions. As the global economy continues to evolve, Advanced Education and Technology is committed to keep pace by working in co-operation with our stakeholders, partners and agencies. That commitment will help to ensure Alberta remains an economic leader in Canada and around the world.
|Experience in:||not specified|
|Interest in:||not specified|